Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » headlight problems on my 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: headlight problems on my 5.0
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all of a sudden my headlights would not work one night, i looked to see if they burned out, and even checked the fuses. but they all where good. but the thing is that i still can use my high beams [Confused] . have you guys seen a problem like this before any help is greatly appreciated [worship] thanks -tony
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think its because they overheat. My car does it too.

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they have been on for a while and then shut off, then yes it is due to overheating. Ford skimped on the wiring for GT's and the gauge is too small which causes overheating. But if your lights just don't work anymore, then you may have burned out the low beam filaments and that would only let the high beams work. Getting new bulbs would fix your problem if they are not overheating.

Note: they should only overheat when you use the foglights for a while. And not all mustangs have this problem... yet.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same thing happened to me and i changed the multi function swith and it fixed it

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quick 88LX:
Note: they should only overheat when you use the foglights for a while. And not all mustangs have this problem... yet.

I don't have foglights, but my headlights are out of alignment and I can't adjust them, so I have to drive with my highbeams on all the time.

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you check the headlight fluids? They could be a little low.....

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haaahahaahahahahah [Big Grin] Replace the bulbs and see if it works right - Maybe electrical? Ground Connection? Loose bulb?

[ June 01, 2004, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
92SilverGT
¯
Member # 2729

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92SilverGT  Ford pictures for 92SilverGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same problem when i use my foglights, ide have to pull the headlight switch out of the dash and roll the window down to cool the switch. I think www.50resto.com is supposed to have a "better" switch than the factory one.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com