Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » INTERCOOLERS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: INTERCOOLERS
lawmans_GT
¯
Member # 3235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lawmans_GT  Ford pictures for lawmans_GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANYONE KNOW IF AN AIR TO AIR INTERCOOLER FROM PAXTON WILL FIT A VORTEC SUOERCHARGER (S-TRIM)? I HAVE 2001 GT W/VORTEC SC.
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it doesn't you can always go Alky injection for the higher boost levels. [Wink]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it will. You will have to bend the lines in front of the cooler in order for it to fit properly, and reclock the blower, but it will work perfect.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
If it doesn't you can always go Alky injection for the higher boost levels. [Wink]

Can you direct me to somewhere that has good alky tech(i.e. threads or articles and such)? I would like to read up on it and learn a little more about it.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
Can you direct me to somewhere that has good alky tech(i.e. threads or articles and such)? I would like to read up on it and learn a little more about it.

Sure mate... [Smile]

Good sites to buy one.

This is my Fav. The owner is hella cool and will custom make your kit.
AlkyControl

SMC

Here is alink to the TurboBuick board. They have a whole forum dedicated to this stuff.
TurboBuick.com- Alky forum

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Water/alky injection is good stuff. My brother uses it in his LS1. 10.5:1 compression with 12psi of boost. I'd never even consider that combo without it. Another friend runs it on his blown Cobra - it was worth about 8^ of timing. I think my brother's kit was pieced together for about $250 and has a pressure switch to up the voltage at the pump when it breaks 6psi. So at "boost" it kicks in at 1 level and at 6psi it increases the pressure to move more water/alky. You just have to be aware that it will make a wideband O2 sensor read "wrong".
Tryin2GoFast
¯
Member # 3166

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryin2GoFast  Ford pictures for Tryin2GoFast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My Brother can make and install a custom alchy kit for your car or anyones car. He has made a few and runs it on his own car ( blown lt-1). Im sure he can answer any of your question regarding alchy injection.

PM him: 96 ws6

Posts: 278 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com