Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Service Engine soon light????? wierd

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Service Engine soon light????? wierd
4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok a while back i had trouble code of p1131 i was told that that code wasrespnsible for the passengers side o2 sensor before the cats so that was causing the car to run lean.i havent gotten aroun to fixing it yet. the question is that the other day when i looked at the SES light it was gone??? it has done that before but why would it do that? thanx for the help

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd
254rwhp/305 ft lb torque N/A

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6GT  Ford pictures for 4.6GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
help

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe the light was on so long the bulb burnt out...

Another and more likely possibilty is that the computer stored it as a memory code/hard code and decided to turn off the light....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
4.6GT
¯
Member # 2643

well i dont think the light bulb burnt out i did the bulb test on the car the thing is that it will gout and then come back before it went out once and came back and now it went out ill just go buy the o2 sensor this weekend

--------------------
CAR 2002 mustang GT 5spd

Best E.T
1.93 60ft 13.1 @105

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you might also want to check for exhaust leaks on that side before the 02 sensor. That could cause it to throw a lean code too. Hope this helps!
Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com