Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Power window question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Power window question
darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a 95 GT and I can't tell you enough how much that stupid feature of the window rolling all the way down when you tap the switch pissis me off!!!!! Every time I just want to crack the window a little or bring it down just a tad, here it goes, all the way down. Does anyone know of a way to disable this?
Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure exactly how to fix the problem, but I know what you're talking about...

You might be able to install a passenger window switch in place of the drivers side...On the drivers door you have 2 switches, drivers and passenger windows...The passengers window doesn't have the "one touch" button, so you might be able to just install 2 passenger switches...It's just an idea...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I 1st got my mustang, I was puzzled on why the passenger's side didnt do the same thing (1 touch) when using the switch on the driver's side console.

all the switches for the windows are exactly the same. you could even pry off the black cover from yours, and swap the actual switch out with one from a 91 gt... like I did... [Smile] MUCH cheaper than $20 from ford. Another tidbit, the door lock/unlock switch is really the same as the window switch (yes, they do have different part#'s), Ford just tossed a small peg onto the switch itself to prevent them from being easily swapped out. That didnt stop me, and it works fine.

there's a small relay that's connected onto the drivers side window switch. You can do a few things here;
rewire it and take it out of the system (im looking for my detailed wiring diagram as we speak)
do what I do, when I dont want it all the way down, but just cracked... I tap the down button, and then quickly tap the up button... that stops it, and works fine.
I actually plan on making both swtiches on the driver's side 1 touch... just a personal preference I guess.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. I'll see about getting another switch. lol, I just realized I misspelled "pisses".
Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com