Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » weird stereo problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: weird stereo problem
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay. The ground fell off my cap to my subs. so I didnt use my stereo till i replaced it. Now i just fixed it and only the subs r working. there is a hum comming out of the rear speakers. If i turn up the radio all the way i barely hear some words of the song and it is distorted... I do all my own stereo work and have been working on stereos for over 2 years. I have never had this problem. I checked all fuses, all connections behind the deck. And I am now stumped. It was sounding perfect this morning, now is dead, really weird. Any one know what i should do?
supafast 87
¯
Member # 4094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for supafast 87  Ford pictures for supafast 87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try putting your ground in a different place and if its dead check all the fuses and check the wires for power
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah, my subs work okay, its my speakers that dont work. they are the stock mach 460 with stock amps. I was just thinking, it seems to me like the cap tried to use the remote wire as a ground, i wonder what that fucked up? hopefully my deck is okay. imma keep inspecting and then imma try a different deck.
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

....still not working.... [Mad]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com