Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 99-00 Mustang Gt's need help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 99-00 Mustang Gt's need help!
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to see if my TC switch is the actual problem. Mine is not turning off and I just need to do a quick trade with someone else's switch that works to see if mine is broken. Any help appreciated. I am in the Fremont area.
JOhnny

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, I'm sure you know that they stay on whenever you re-start the car, right?...

I'd leave the traction control(TC) on, because I think I saw you whippin a white Formula Firebird on Blacow a couple of weeks ago... [Big Grin] [patriot]

There are not too many cars that look like what's discribed in your sig... [Wink]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol you saw me. Little punks in the probably LT1 WS6. I could not even powershift either! I need to smog the car and if I can't turn it off it can't be put on a dyno cause the tc turns on. So I need to turn it off. Anyone know how to disable it?
JOhnny

[ May 06, 2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could get one of these

http://www.randrspecialty.com/autoelectronics/mustang.html

Once this is installed and you turn it off it will stay off...

BTW, why don't you buy a TC switch at Magnussuns Ford and if it doesn't fix your problem just return it...I'm sure they stock those parts... [patriot]

--------------------

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

I ordered the part today. Have to get it shipped from Sacramento. I saw your old car last night. Was talking to the dude who has it now. Was the tranny messed up before or did he do that. If the part does not work the tc switch is my next plan.
Johnny

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
I saw your old car last night. Was talking to the dude who has it now. Was the tranny messed up before or did he do that.

LOL, no I had just rebuild it!...Trust me it was fine, I've blown T5's build by Modern driveline faster...There is just a problem with T5's....My car dyno'd over 300 lbs of torque at the wheels, the T5 can barely handle 285tq to the flywheel...That car needs a Tremec...If Mike fucks this trany up it will be the cars 5th T5... [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Let us know on the TC... [patriot]

[ May 07, 2004, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

I got one today and it works. FInally I can burn some rubber [Big Grin] Mike did fuck the t-5 up. My brother was asking him to run him in his 93 supra tt and Mike said no cause second was gone. Car sounds nice though. I need to take my tranny out again to fix the third gear grind before I sell it. Want to help [Big Grin] I am hopefully picking up a 2000 SC281 Saleen next weekend so I won't have to drive my stang and I can fix it's imperfections and sell it. Well hit me up if your down. Do you know how much to change out a third gear synchro?
JOhnny [patriot]

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
You could get one of these

http://www.randrspecialty.com/autoelectronics/mustang.html

Once this is installed and you turn it off it will stay off...

BTW, why don't you buy a TC switch at Magnussuns Ford and if it doesn't fix your problem just return it...I'm sure they stock those parts... [patriot]

Just to let you know, Any electrical part from a Ford dealer is NON RETURNIBLE. [Wink]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Thanks, the part worked so its cool. It was pretty cheap also.
JOhnny [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com