Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ANYBODY RUNNING THUMPER E7 HEADS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ANYBODY RUNNING THUMPER E7 HEADS
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was looking into thumper ported e7's. they're suppose to put out some good flow numbers and power. i was just wondering who was running them and how they like them.
http://www.thumperoforangepark.com

[ May 04, 2004, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: BOTTLED.LX ]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why limit yourself?

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
waste of money

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
""Thumper Performanceheads $595.00 + $100.00 (Refundable) core and FREE Shipping""

They don't sound too bad...Just think the AFR's are double that in price...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought some of those budget mail order heads several yrs ago. the company was arrow head,gimmi head or something like that.. but what a big mistake that was. They did a bad valve job did not set valve stem heights and coundent get two of the valves to close. i ended up making them work but it was a pita. If you are wanting to do something like this on the cheap do it local so you can go get in there face if theres a problem.
85GT
¯
Member # 1695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85GT  Ford pictures for 85GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend has some VERY worked E7s... they flow ok and make decent power, for stock. but they are NOTHING compared to what you could buy for the price.... why not get some GT40's and port those?? or some other iron heads.... just look around, deals are there.... i'm getting a set of world 2.02 valve iron heads for 300 bucks complete, and they've never been used.... don't sell yourself short with E7s...
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOTTLED.LX:
i was looking into thumper ported e7's. they're suppose to put out some good flow numbers and power. i was just wondering who was running them and how they like them.
http://www.thumperoforangepark.com

get some gt40 iron heads...ive seen them sell for 400$ with 1.7 cobra rockers included...you could always port them later or even sell them...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
waste of money

not sure if i agree with you...but aluminum heads are better....
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thumper is a cool guy and knows how to port them to the max.

He's got one nasty fatback with a big block.....

I still don't think I'd get the heads. [Frown]

[ May 05, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone tried the pro topline heads that just came out? they are pretty cheap, and if they are anything like the chevy heads, i think theyd be a good low buck performance head.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

HDS
¯
Member # 2109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDS  Ford pictures for HDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just about everybody at stangnet who has thumpers are happy with the results.

There is a guy on this board who has them on his car. He liked the job.

BTW, don't expect the same performance as if you get a $1000+ set of heads.

--------------------
1995 GT Vert

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u can buy a set of used smog legal edelbroxk 6037's for $700, why get the thumpers

the 6037's will:
make more power
take 50 pounds off the front of the car
arent maxed out, can be homeported for more power
come with decent springs
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
""Thumper Performanceheads $595.00 + $100.00 (Refundable) core and FREE Shipping""

for that $100 core it will cost $60 in shipping to get them to thumper, so the final price would be $650, look for some decent used AL heads [patriot]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've heard good things about the thumper heads, but i wouldnt buy them unless you find a good deal

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:

for that $100 core it will cost $60 in shipping to get them to thumper, so the final price would be $650, look for some decent used AL heads [patriot]
I'm not buying the heads... [Big Grin]

The weight savings on aluminum heads is enough for me to buy them, regardless of performance...lol...

Like I said though, I don't think the price is too bad... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com