Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Why do valve covers hate me?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Why do valve covers hate me?
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As some of you may recall - I had an issue with a set of Steeda rocker arms that were hitting my valve covers. I ended up replacing them with a set of Motorsports "B351" roller rockers (1.6:1). These ended up contacting the sides of my stock valve covers. To clear them, I purchased a set of FMS valve covers - the black and milled ones that say "Ford Racing" - nice looking covers. I just finished installing the upper intake (with a spacer to clear the valve covers and about 1/4" of metal clearanced off the EGR valve) and I find that there is no possible way the throttle body can clear the oil fill tube!

Is anyone successfully using the FMS "blue" roller rockers and some valve cover on a 94-95 GT? Help!
[Confused]

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bud, bring me the car and all the covers you've got(stock, FRP) and I'll fix it for you as I can imagine you are pulling your hair out right about now. It shouldn't take too much work but I really need to see it to be able to see whats going on
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com