Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » test only smog test question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: test only smog test question
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to test only smog check, would it still be a good idea to put my stock H back on? I am running dumps so i know they would see no cats, would it matter?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're asking if you need to put your stock H pipe back on to pass, the answer is yes.

I dunno what else you were saying [patriot]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i know cars are capable of passing smog with out cats on the car, and since i only need a test and not inspection, should i see if the car can pass without the cats on? [Embarrassed]

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tailpipes in roseville.....looked the other way on my old car. nothing too out of the norm on it...but i had a few goodies that shouldn't have been there.

they're located on vernon street.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need cats for smog

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude...I guess I missed that...the cats NEED to be on bro....sorry.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

damn it, im really not lookin forward to puttin stock h back on

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by 98StangPower:

why not ryan? that's a pretty cake job on your car man. Do you still have the stocker?

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

why not ryan? that's a pretty cake job on your car man. Do you still have the stocker?
are u kinding me, the top nut on the pass side is a bitch and a half because the starter and the k member are in the way, i hate doing a swap o a stock h on 96-98gt's

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

it's not that hard with the right extensions and swivels.

NOTHING like a 5 liter of course, but still not the hardest thing to do.

I can't say I blame him for not wanting to do it though [Razz]

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

yeah still have the stocker in the shed.

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

you have access to air tools? that makes the job MUCH easier on your car.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

no, why you know someone who has air tools, if so i might have a few bucks in my wallet and a 24 pack of bud light! [Big Grin]

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

quote:
no, why you know someone who has air tools, if so i might have a few bucks in my wallet and a 24 pack of bud light! [Big Grin]

I dont drink bud light [Wink]

when are you up for smog? I'm not sure nI'll have time soon, that's the only problem. I do know a couple guys who'd probably be willing to help you out with the tool situation though.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

I already paid for my registration, but havent given DMV my smog cert, it was due last month, so im driving around with expired but paid for tags,lol.

what kinda beer you like? [Wink]

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

first off, get a tag from dmv showing an extension if you haven't already. You're cool with cops because when they run it, it'll show up in process, so they can't write you for exp reg.

What kind....hmmmm....question of the ages. Hell, whatever works for you will probably work for me [Razz]

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

its not that i dont want to do it, i just like to do it with someone, so i have someone to BS with, and to keep me focused and motivated while doin the bolts, and to help hold up the pipe while bolting it back up.

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

quote:
its not that i dont want to do it, i just like to do it with someone, so i have someone to BS with, and to keep me focused and motivated while doin the bolts, and to help hold up the pipe while bolting it back up.

you and I are EXACTLY alike in that respect. I wont work on my car by myself unless I absoultely have to. It just sucks.

I'll take a look at some times, and get back to you man.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

you and I are EXACTLY alike in that respect. I wont work on my car by myself unless I absoultely have to. It just sucks.

I'll take a look at some times, and get back to you man.

Right on Jack, either way thanx alot bro appreciate it very much man. [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com