Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel pump install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel pump install
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How hard is it to install a Fuel pump. Will be doing it this week.
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad really, the bucket in the tank needs to be trimmed for the taller pump. Than the pickup spout on top the the bucket needs to be spaced up with washers. Use butt connectors on the electrical side as soldering and heat shrinking the connection will not work because the fuel eats the heat shrink off leaving the wires exposed in the tank. Also I would suggest running the car down to a 1/4 tank before doing this to make things less heavy upon removeal

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will i have to buy spacers or does the pump come with it...
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends, the vortech 255lph pump comes with them. I'd call whomever you are buying the pump from to verify. If not you can get small diameter spacers at Orchard hardware supply

--------------------

Javier
¯
Member # 547

coo.. cause i ordered a vortech kit and it comes with a 255 intank fuel pump..
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Good so you'll get pretty decent set of instructions in the kit and the spacers. Just shoot me a pm if you have any questions. A good idea is to test the pump when the tank is out and the pump and bucket is installed. Watch the top spout for any fuel not going into the line and spraying outside of it as this is where people run into trouble with these installs. Place the fuel feed line into a bucket to catch the fuel and hook up the electrical on the pump to a battery source.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com