Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 65 ignition switch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 65 ignition switch
65 custom
¯
Member # 3173

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 65 custom  Ford pictures for 65 custom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys hows it going. well i am rewiring my whole car and the guy before me had it mickey moused before so i am just trying to figure out what goes were. if you guys have seen the back of the switch for a 65 mustang ther are three wires one yellow fat, 1 red/ (blue or green), red/(yellow or something). and then a bolt sticking out the middle witch maybe be power idont know i just need to know what one is acc. start . on. power thanks guys.
Posts: 128 | From: mountian view | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The big fat yellow wire is constant battery 12v in, the big threaded post is 12v in the on and acc position, the red wire with green stripe goes to the + side of your ignition coil(so hot in start and on position) and it has a resistor in it(cant remember what resistance), the last wire red with yellowish stripe goes to the starter solenoid. If your re-wiring the whole car it might be a good idea to buy a shop manual with wiring diagrams, if you cant find one at your local auto parts store most Mustang specialty shops in the bay area would have one for early Mustangs. Hope this helps!

[ April 26, 2004, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com