Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help asap w/ cam install !

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help asap w/ cam install !
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys
i've got the crane 2031 slipped into my 95gt, but the dowel pin on the cam seems way too short. i've got hte frpp timing set that comes with a new pin, can i replace it? also, the timing set seems really really tight when i put it together, is this normal? thanks alot in advance,
phil

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead and change the locating dowel with the one of proper length. When you install the timing chain with the upper and lower sprocket/gear it goes on tight. Position both sprockets so they are both engaged equal amounts both on the cam and on the crank. In doing this you should be able to push the assembly on with your hands. If the assembly isn't installed equally front to bottom the assembly will bind and this is likely the reason you are having trouble. Some cases require a gentle tap with a rubber mallet to be installed as this is normal

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike/MTbaughs, this is a double post, I'll copy your response to the other post... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com