Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Welcome to tech talk...(open for suggestions)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Welcome to tech talk...(open for suggestions)
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First and foremost, welcome to CaliforniaFords.com, TechTalk Forum...

Secondly, we wish to grow our numbers and spread the "go-fast" addiction in as reasonable and responsible a manner as is humanly possible... Accordingly, we recognize that with the addition of new-blood often comes new and valuable ideas, and we greet the opportunity to learn from you and share what we know in return with open arms...

Third and most importantly, be clear and objective...State the specifics of your situation, as each situation demands a different answer...List your year, make model, any modifications, and your intended purpose for the car...The more information you can give us, the better answer you will receive...

Fourth, use the SEARCH fucntion to research our topics to see if your question has already been answered...The site is equipped with a search function that allows you to browse past discussions...Not only might you find an answer to your question, you will also find a great archive of accumulated knowledge that you may wish to read at any time....

Fifth and final, please try and help one another by using facts other than opinions...You will not be flamed for posting your thoughts, theories, opinions, or even wild guesses as long as you don’t represent them as fact...You’ll have done no wrong by making an incorrect assumption as long as you remain open to its discussion and dissection...Keep in mind there is probably someone else out there that can provide a 100% answer...Discussions are sometimes better than answers. If you don’t feel as though you are 100% sure of your answer, let your uncertainty be known or don’t answer at all

Thanks, Black94 5.0

[ April 25, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] thats what im talking about good stuf
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks like Black945.0 has taken a look at C-C.com

[ April 25, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
It looks like Black945.0 has taken a look at C-C.com

[Wink]

Yeah, They have a great guide for newbies... [worship]

If you guys wanna add anything to the original post I'm open for any suggestions that will improve TechTalk...I basically re-posted the first topic so it looks cleaner...(I also forgot to lock the post..hehe)...

Thanks [patriot]

[ April 25, 2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Use the SEARCH fucntion to research our topics to see if your question has already been answered...The site is equipped with a search function that allows you to browse past discussions...Not only might you find an answer to your question, you will also find a great archive of accumulated knowledge that you may wish to read at any time....

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a great opening, and I think it will do nothing but improve the tech section, and help new people feel more comfortable asking the questions they need answered.

Great job [patriot]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you guys upgraded the searching abilities of cafords.com or are they the same?
Whenever i've done a search its always brought me a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with what i typed in to search for [Confused]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

The Nick
¯
Member # 2244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nick  Ford pictures for The Nick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll agree that the search function is sorta crappy. You can't type in usernames, and it only goes back as far as like 3 months ago. I definitly think there should be more options in the search menu if new members are expected to search before posting. Other than that, cool stuff, and I definitely think that corner-carvers.com is a good place to get forum ideas from. How long before we lock down registration to avoid idiots registering just to use the For Sale forum like what happened on C-C?

--------------------
Fast, Cheap or Reliable. Pick two and live with it.

Posts: 1215 | From: The Delta | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com