Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question about strut tower braces?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about strut tower braces?
BUCK_FIFTY
¯
Member # 728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCK_FIFTY  Ford pictures for BUCK_FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are strut tower braces worth it? Do they make a big difference in handling and such?
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It'll give you some added cornering. It's nothing to scream about but I noticed being able to take corners without getting off the gas as much. Our stangs don't handle to well unless you drop some bank on your suspension but the little chasis stiffening items are some cheap tricks to help out [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you do a lot of engine work and you're in the engine compartment changing or working on things they tend to get in the way...

My 94 came stock with one, but I took it off to clear my Edelbrock intake...About 2 years later I finally got around to installing an Edelbrock stut tower brace and I noticed a pretty big difference...Going into a corner hard, the front feels more steady and smooth...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They do a lot to reduce rattles and creaks more than anything else. On a convertible for sure, I would say go for it. On hardtops, I just think they get in the way too much and don't offer tangible results.
The biggest problem is that the bar going across the engine is bent, by necessity of the engine being in the way, therefore reducing the effectiveness. An already bent tube will obviously flex more than a straight tube.

[ April 25, 2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com