Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tire choices...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tire choices...
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just happened to score a set of ponies for a good price for my car...and they need a pair of tires.

I'm going to go with 245/50-16's and found a new brand name at tirerack.com - the fuzions.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Fuzion&tireModel=ZRi&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=45WR6ZRI&fromCompare1=yes

the tread pattern and speed rating looks to be the same as this bridgestone tire...at roughly half the price.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE750&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=45WR6RE750&fromCompare1=yes

any thoughts? Know of anyone using these new tires or a tire shop that sells them? Or of course any hook up prices [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.thefuzionzone.com

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
www.thefuzionzone.com

all I see is diamond plating with some black paintball looking spots [Razz]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] you sure?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahh hhhhhhha! Jumped on my other computer and now I see it [burnout]

--------------------

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

that game is hard [Eek!]

At any rate.....other than evceryday driving, are you looking for these tires for any kind of performance (handling, traction, etc), or just a daily driven tire with longevity?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking for performance on a budget [Smile]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

oh and my stang is *not* a daily driver, but sometimes I forget that [Wink]

car is lowered with FMS/FRPP 'B' springs, has stock sways, and everything on the car is brand new - all brake components (lines, pads, rotors, wheel cylinders, hardware, master cylinder, etc etc etc).

I do ultimately plan to autocross with the car but I expect these tires wont be good for that, I just can't afford more than $100 a tire right now.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:

the tread pattern and speed rating looks to be the same as this bridgestone tire...at roughly half the price.

That's because it's made by Bridgestone. [Wink]

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

welp I couldn't find the fuzion's anywhere local so I just went to america's tire co. and had my next choice thrown on (kumho ecsta's)

now my coupe is sitting on ponies with 245/50-16's all around [Smile] The new pair of tires I threw on the back. The fronts are yokohama ES100's with about 50% tread left. Looks way better than with the old 10 holes [Eek!]

-

-

I love the look, this tire size goes great with my FMS 'B' springs. Just hope I get used to the rubbing up front and learn how far I can turn getting into my driveway [patriot]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com