Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » questions about nx kits

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: questions about nx kits
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone had any problem with them?
how often can i spray?

i just ordered my kit today and just wanted to make sure its not going to blow my engine or burn a cylinder...car is still brand new so i wouldnt want any problems with it.
thanks for your help

Posts: 218 | From: FF-707/EDH-916 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well what all did you get with the kit? I would highly recomend the Gen-X 2 upgrade kit along with a MSD Window switch. If you get the window switch make sure to tell MSD that you want them to configure it for your COP engine so that you dont need to buy a seperate tach adapter. With the Gen-X 2 upgrade and the window switch, you cant do much more in the way of safety for the nitrous. How often can you spray? The only time you should be using it is if you are racing so it just depends on how much you race. Also, i wouldnt spay over the 100 shot for safety... I know quite a few people that have done the 150 shot on the stock fuel pump but i wouldnt do it that often, if ever. Hope this helps.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT, Bolt on's...

Posts: 160 | From: Copper, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got all the basic stuff needed to install it plus a bottle warmer and a pressure gauge
Posts: 218 | From: FF-707/EDH-916 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you do it right, its very safe. I had mine running a 100 shot for a long time and never came across a problem!
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get rid of your stock plenum. the fuel will puddle up in it. This has been discussed far too many times. Use the search function and get all the info you need [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he has the accufab plenum, you should be fine with a 100 shot. Do you have a timing ajuster, better fuel pump wouldnt hurt either [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com