Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » anyone know anything about changing computers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know anything about changing computers
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just swiched to a 93cobra computer mass air and 24lb injectors and now i have a perfect idle with the e303 cam but was wondering if its possible for timing to change when you change computers cause when i hit the gas it dont respond right away like it use to and should i have disconected the battery befor i changed them,i know that was dum but i forgot to disconect it but i dont think thats the problem.please help

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it would have been a good idea to disconnect the battery for the swap as you know. What computer did you replace? Each computer has different characteristics and different tables. Also did you add a MAP sensor to the new setup? Heres a link that details the swap that you might find useful. I'm not sure if this was a simple computer swap or a mass air conversion
http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html
Good luck

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well my car is a 90 and is mass air already,i just swiched my computer with the 93 cobra computer and i swiched my mass air to the cobra mass air and replaced my 19lb injectors with 24lb,i have a ajustable regulator what should my fuel presure be set at?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I set it to 40psi vacuum off. Your car is a '90 right. Do you have a MAP sensor under the hood on the firewall? If I recall right it was only the later year mass air cars that had this sensor. If you installed a 93 cobra computer chances are this computer needs a signal from this sensor. It's been awhile since I've done this but thats what I recall.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

my car is a 90 and i do have a map sensor on the fire wall.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com