Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Checkin out a 98 GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Checkin out a 98 GT
AcesWild85
¯
Member # 2616

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AcesWild85  Ford pictures for AcesWild85    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A friend of mine is going to be checking out a 98 GT on thursday or friday and I might be goin with him. Up until now I've more or less ignored the SN96/4.6L related stuff since I've got a 5.0. Any specific things to look for or be aware of with these cars?

--------------------
College student and U.S. Marine; The possibilities are endless...

Mustangs aren't built; they're born!

Posts: 844 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't come with a dash clock(which I think looks cool and matches the interior), they have only 1 tone interior door panels (ugly) and have a tricky fuel pump...But they do have a few extra ponies compared to previous years(225hp vs 215hp)..They also don't come with a strut tower brace but instead have a stiffer fire wall...

Other than that it's your typical Mustang... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AcesWild85:
A friend of mine is going to be checking out a 98 GT on thursday or friday and I might be goin with him. Up until now I've more or less ignored the SN96/4.6L related stuff since I've got a 5.0. Any specific things to look for or be aware of with these cars?

isnt it SN95

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com