Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my !^%$@:"&*? car keeps cutting off

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my !^%$@:"&*? car keeps cutting off
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I shift to neutral, when my rpms are around 2500-3000, from any gear-mostly 2nd and 4th-my car cuts off. I just replaced the IAC hoping that was the problem-NOPE!!! Also, this poblem isn't throwing any codes .

Any ideas??

Thanks!!!!

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have gears?...If you have an electronic speedo recalibrator the VSS signal could be to blame...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never thought about that... Yes, I do have gears and a Speedcal (elec. recalibration box).

Soooooo. the Speedcal's to blame right? maybe?

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It could be a lot of things, but the Speedcal is a good place to start....Check all the connections... [patriot]

--------------------

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

It's kinda stupid-I must have been in denial-but I noticed this problem after I installed my Accufab plenum/throttle body. So I just probably need a tune, but I don't want to get a tune; it seems like a waste of $ on a n/a car.

If my connections look good, I'll get a tune.

Thanks for the help boss [patriot] .

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

The problem you're discribing has nothing to do with needing a "tune"...You would be wasting your money...

Any mods that you've done put back to stock and see if that makes a difference...I'm not telling you to leave it that way and loose the hp you gained, but It's just a way to find out what's wrong with your car...

It's called processes of elimination... [Wink] [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com