Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my dash

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my dash
95 stang
¯
Member # 3449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95 stang  Ford pictures for 95 stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my airbags deployed and i was wondering if i can fix the dash without actually putting another airbag in it. my plan was to get a different steering wheel (without an airbag in it). can it be done? or do i have to put stock stuff back in it?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It can be done very simply...I always wanted a Momo Steering wheel on my 94...I've always seen aluminum cut to size and placed over where the passenger air bag was too...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
beware though.......as insurance companies frown upon cars with no air bags if they were originally equipped, meaning if you get caught without them, your insurance company will probably drop you(it happened to me), especially if your car has to be checked out by an adjuster before you put it back on the street(stinkin' Cali laws man). my old lady is an insurance agent and she says people do it all the time, especially in trucks, and when they find out, they drop'em unless they put air bags in it. try the FR500 steering wheel, that shit looks sick! Good luck.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com