Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone deal with ED CURTIS??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone deal with ED CURTIS??
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a used cobra intake ported ny him, and was about to ordr some afr heads and a cam, anyone ever deal with him, i here nothing but good things about his work, how is the customer service?-ken

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would hit up 93pony if a special cam is needed. He is a cool cat. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've never dealt with him, but he supposedly does very good work from what i've read on the corral and such. the only bad thing is his turn-around time. it seems that most guys have to wait quite a while to get there parts, but they seem happy. you will find more info on the corral about him.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he has some recorderd setting cars in Mustang clases. Kind of a butt head on the Corral but very good with customer service I have heard.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys, MRgo fast, i will talk to shaun about a cam, but was thinking that Ed would be the guy to go too since he did the work on the intake, and would sell me a package with the heads and cam, I will post on corral right now-ken

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He is a great guy and the wait for the parts that I already have hasn't been terribly long. I'm very happy with the combo he is building for me and hopefully soon I will have some dyno or track numbers to see just what their really worth.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xchpstang:
He is a great guy and the wait for the parts that I already have hasn't been terribly long. I'm very happy with the combo he is building for me and hopefully soon I will have some dyno or track numbers to see just what their really worth.

please let me know when you get your car dynoed and track times. i was planning to go with his combo on a future 331 stroker with similar parts in your sig.
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He has outstanding customer service. I've ordered little things from him several times. Got them to me quickly and he is the only place I've dealt with that sent me parts first and sent payment later.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I waited a week for my cam, great customer service. I am going to e ordering more stuff from him in the future.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've bought many cams/heads/misc parts from Ed and NEVER had any problems. He's always helped me with any questions i've had.

[burnout]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I e-mailed him about what is now your intke ken he seemed like a dickhead in the e-mail like all bent out of shape that someone would ever sell his ported cobra since he's god type of attitude but I can tell you he responded within a couple of hours and gave me the exact information I needed. Sounds like a very smart and responsible individual, I think the problem is that he knows he's that good. If you canget passe dhis attitude I'm sure the rest of his service will be good [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have ordered from him 4 times and his customer service is top notch !!!

I broke a couple of exhaust springs and called Ed since I heard he had a set of springs that would work with my TFS stage 2 cam and AFR heads, he sent them to me without payment and I had them in 3 days !!!! That was the first time I ordered from him and he didn't have a clue who I even was.

Good Luck
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I order ALL my cams/valvetrain parts from Ed. Never had a problem either... He knows his shit! [Eek!]

His ford cams work well, but differ from the type of cams that I design. I go more off Brian Ebert's (www.hitechmotorsport.com) design & theories... Mixing Ed's theories in at times when needed.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com