Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » on a 96 and up mustang can a radiator sensor go bad?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: on a 96 and up mustang can a radiator sensor go bad?
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on my mustang once in a while my radiator light will come on and i will check the water level and it is fine but the light still flashes,is there a sensor that could go bad or what?

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, those sensors go bad all the time...A lot on the fox body's....

[ April 17, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is on a 97 4.6 also

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
absolutely. If you check the level, and it's fine, you 9/10 times have a bad sensor. If the problem is intermitent, test the sensor (or replace it) and you will usually fix the problem. If that is not it, you may want to check the imput or wiring leading to the cluster, or control unit.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have gunk build up around the sensor?

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the water level is ok and you check it enough, just unplug the sensor, the light will go out.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

yesterday i started the car and just let it sit a while at idle and watched the water level it slowly went into the motor and i added water as it left the radiator.and repeated until it wouldnt take no more.

i guess since its a new motor and i dont drive it all the time once in a while the motor will "burp" it self and take more water,but for some reason before yesterday when that light would come on i would check the water level and it would seem like it is full. so we will see
thanks for the info guys

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com