Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A/F AND WATER TEMP. GAUGE Q'S

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A/F AND WATER TEMP. GAUGE Q'S
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok im about to install both these guages. what wire do i hook up to on the o2 sensor?black or white? or should i check both? what sensor do i replace for the water temp. is it in the lower intake or the heater hose tube? also for the ignition source what wire do i hook up to or would be easiest to find without taking too much apart? sorry for all the q's. thanx

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone?

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For a 1990+, The signal wire off the O2 sensor harness will go to either the red wire w/ a black stripe for the left side and the right side uses a gray wire w/ light blue stripe.

The "sender" not sensor is needed for an Autometer temp gauge...The sender is a one wire brass fitting on the lower intake manifold....

As for power, I always went to my fuse box and chose the window defrost or something that wouldn't matter too much if I blew a fuse...For example you wouldn't want to use the electric fan fuse, because if that blew you'd over heat...

I'm sure you'll figure it out...There are some helpful tips on the Autometer web-site and other places on the web...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com