Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » street/drag suspension combo's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: street/drag suspension combo's
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know this thread has popped up before but i still need some information on a good rear drag suspension setup for a 2001 Gt.. What are some good componets for rear setups.. And has anyone here used AJE racing k-members? or should i go with DD performance? or QA-1?? thoughts opinions? ideas would be great thanks..

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find a set of upper and lower control arms that have sperical bearings on both ends...This will help eliminate any binding...

Depending on how "streetable" you want your combo, you could go with some 50/50 shocks or some Tokico adjustables.....

I can't really comment on the K-members you mentioned, but I've heard the AJE is the better one of the ones you named.... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running the HPM mega bite jr lowers with the ajustable uppers, eibach drag luanch kit and tokico 5 way ajustables with no sway bar up front on the street. No more haulin ass around corners but other than that its fine on the street. Ohh and I still have to put on the HPM rear sway bar

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would go with QA1 shocks n struts, front coilover with CC plates, subframe connectors of yer choice, baseline suspentions upper control arms, weight jacker lower control arms and stock springs in the rear and the UPR drag bar. but thats just me [Razz]

ohh and upper n lower torque boxes

[ April 14, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: badazz ]

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
Im running the HPM mega bite jr lowers with the ajustable uppers, eibach drag luanch kit and tokico 5 way ajustables with no sway bar up front on the street. No more haulin ass around corners but other than that its fine on the street. Ohh and I still have to put on the HPM rear sway bar

Have you had a chance to test your 60ft whith that combo?....If so, what tires were you using and what wre your times?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as far as I know the 94-04 GT rear end is identical to the 79-93 4-link style (excepting disc brakes and ABS), so I think...

the stock setup should take you into the 1.6x range (possibly and beyond),

once you get past that, I'd recommend welded torque boxes, possibly the wolfe racecraft torque box reinforcement plates ($25 [Razz] )

and maybe the already mentioned HPM megabite jr's, which is basically a SSM lift bar but with bushings to help prevent tearing ass of your torque boxes.

the next upgrade is a wolfe racecraft rear sway bar, which should take you well into the 1.5x range and beyond.

also a right rear airbag, and some healthy 50/50 rear shocks should do the trick.

up front it's a good idea to lose the swaybar for the strip, and run 90/10s and some kinda drag spring if you can swing it [patriot]

but the stock setup should handily power you into the 1.6x 60' range [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shade- where can i order the torque box reinforcements at. are those the same as battle boxes?

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no they're totally different. They're just plates, you can find them on Wolfe's web site.

battle boxes are good too, the Wolfe plates would actually complement the battle boxes.

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree with shade, the stock suspension is a lot better than people seem to realize. didnt drew used to hit 1.6x 60's with sportline springs?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey shade if you are gonna run a air bag in the right side(i think yer refering to drag launch springs with air bag) you cant run a drag bar. for a drag bar it has to be specific rate spring on both sides...also another thing...the UPR drag bar is a DIRECT copy of wolfes.(if ya wanna save $$) if i understood ya wrong just ignore this post.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

out back I was thinking stock springs... but up front drag springs, so a airbag should be fine if you do that [Razz]

with the drag springs with the screwy dual rate spring in the right rear side, I could see an airbag coming in handy depending on how it works out, maybe not with as much PSI in it though...

all it really is a cheap way of having direct control over that right-rear spring with an airtank [Cool]

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
soo how about steeda upper and lower control arms?? im more concered with the rear setup.. the front is pretty much any k-member.. just finding the right struts for the front and the right upper/lower control arms and shocks for the rear..

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was also thinking about kits.. maybe from like Paracing, or ddperformance?? what would be my best deal and setups?? front and rear.. i have a griggs setup right now.. need to part that out and start over. street/drag.. want a good launch..

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Also been reading from modulardepot forums stating people have problems with tubular k-members not fitting correctly with long tube headers.. i have bbk long tubes.. which k-members would have the best fit with long tubes?

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Any other thoughts?

--------------------

zinc00gt
¯
Member # 468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for zinc00gt  Ford pictures for zinc00gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maximum Motorsport all the way. Control arms, panhard bar and torque arm are the win.
Posts: 260 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

i think im going with aje racing k-member, metco rear control arms, either lakewood or tokico adjustable shocks and struts and not sure on springs yet

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com