Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » smog help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: smog help
96cobra/svt
¯
Member # 4240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96cobra/svt  Ford pictures for 96cobra/svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car fail smog because my NO(ppm) # was high
they told me it was my cats but I try two diferent set of stock h-pipes and I still didn't pass smog what else could be wrong?

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What engine mods or bolt ons have you done?...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
96cobra/svt
¯
Member # 4240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96cobra/svt  Ford pictures for 96cobra/svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just pulleys,headers,k&n filter,flows
88bird
¯
Member # 1424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88bird  Ford pictures for 88bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NOx is due to high combustion temps, you need to check the function of your egr system to see if its working properly.
Posts: 149 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88bird:
NOx is due to high combustion temps, you need to check the function of your egr system to see if its working properly.

Yep!

Make sure, the EGR passages are clear, the EGR valve is opening when vaccum is applied, and the computer is opening the vaccum control switch. The EGR's only job is to reduce NOx, make sure that system is working properly!

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
96cobra/svt
¯
Member # 4240

I think the egr is working fine because I suck on it and makes the car act funny but how do I check that the vaccum is coming on whene is supost to.
what else can I check

SoloSS
¯
Member # 4380

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoloSS  Ford pictures for SoloSS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIREZ707:
my car fail smog because my NO(ppm) # was high
they told me it was my cats but I try two diferent set of stock h-pipes and I still didn't pass smog what else could be wrong?

Going to the wrong people... [Wink]

--------------------
*** Elite F-Bodies ***
**1999 Black Camaro SuperSport** ~Stock
**1999 Black Camaro SuperSport** ~Not Stock

No it's not a typo...I have 2

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com