Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 95 GT Fog Lights...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 95 GT Fog Lights...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My GT's fog lights won't work and i am just wondering if anyone has had trouble with them before? i checked all the fuses and didn't find any bad ones and i checked the connection on the switch and its on but i don't think the switch works since the little light on it doesn't light up. Anything else i should check? Wheres the relay for them located?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do they not work at all, even with the headlight turned on?
is there power at the plug? how's the grounding points for each light?
My little light on that switch dosent light up, but they work still.
I wired my fog lights to work indepenantly from the headlights. Ford set them up that way, but its a simple fix.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't work at all. i noticed a couple of days ago they would flash when i should set the alarm but now they don't even do that. [Confused] I haven't checked to see if theres power at the switch yet.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you checked the bulbs

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im gonna guess that if they flash with the alarm, then they are getting power at times.

that's a good place to start with checking to see if you get power with and with out the headlights on.
do you have a coupe, or a 'vert?

This may help some, as its a way to get the independant fog control.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

its a coupe.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

when I went to independant fog light control I did it via the conv harness method... by far easier!
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/fog2.htm
"Using this method is very similar to running a new accessory power lead to the fog lights which we really recommend. The convertible top harness uses a heavy load fuse, enough to carry the load of the fog lights."

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

well i need to check this out first i am afraid the alarm might have a big roll in the fog lights working and if i rewire them i don't wanna hurt the alarm

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you need a new alarm...

Not that it's the solution to your problem, but I did the independent fog light switch and loved it...The car looks really cool with just the fog lights on and you can run "high beems" and fog lights at the same time for better visability at night... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i just don't know how it wired. On friday the day after i got the car i swear i saw the fog lights flash with the alarm setting but now they don't do that so i don't know whats up. I am gonna do the independent fog lights for sure i just need to figure out why they aren't working right now and if it has something to do with something else.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

lol i don't know whats up but one of the fog lights works now....

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Feep:
lol i don't know whats up but one of the fog lights works now....

just another electrical nightmare.

Seperate everything, and make the fog lights independent.

Start tracing wires, and go from there.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I'd just like to update everyone who helped me. I took apart the fog light that wasn't working cause i noticed it was filled with water the bulb was all rusted and nasty. The case had a big crack in the top of it so i glued it all up and put it back together and it works now and i noticed someone else already did the separate fog light conversion [Eek!] [worship] My fog lights work when hte highbeams are on and if the headlights are off and just the parking lights are on. So thats pretty tight
Dana

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

hey man, 50resto has just the fog light housings for about $20 a pop brand new, if you wanted new ones [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

nah its all fixed i glued it together it'll never leak again.

i was out at Travis by the way for Easter visiting my cousins who live out there. We went to go see the C5s and security ran us off hella quick. They didn't say anyhting to us but he stopped right infront of us and watched us like a hawk. The base is pretty tight, might go out there again to chill for the weekend is the gym open to anyone or only air force personal? If i go i am gonna get my cousins husband to workout hella hard haha.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com