Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help starter

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help starter
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o.k. heres the problem every time i start my car (85 gt)it makes a grinding noise, but it starts. what could it be? [Confused] thanks in advance

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would be your flywheel or starter with chipped/rounded teeth [Razz]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah...the flywheel. You better get that taken care of. The grinding is the sound of you grinding off the teeth. My grandpa gave me a p.o.s. 1984 Chevy S-10 pickup as a gift [Roll Eyes] and I frickin' totaled the thing because the cost of repair surpassed the value of the vehicle.

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by graylx:
yeah...the flywheel. You better get that taken care of. The grinding is the sound of you grinding off the teeth. My grandpa gave me a p.o.s. 1984 Chevy S-10 pickup as a gift [Roll Eyes] and I frickin' totaled the thing because the cost of repair surpassed the value of the vehicle.

LOL.... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Big Kahuna
¯
Member # 4250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Kahuna  Ford pictures for Big Kahuna    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive got the grinding, but only when the car was hot, shut down and started while still hot, otherwise no grind.i switched to a better flowing exhaust system and i dont have that prob no more.Maybe your getting heat soak causing it to act funky =)

--------------------
95gt almost stock! go me! at least its black woot!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com