Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » pully's & belt qustion?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pully's & belt qustion?
87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put some pullys on my car and took off the a/c and moved the power steering up with the a/c elimnater braket, my ? is any one have the same set up and not go around the smog pump? and does it work good?

--------------------
BEAT YA

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car ran rich after disconnecting the smog pump...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont want to disconect it i just want to by pass it with the belt (do i have to disconect it?)

--------------------
BEAT YA

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, you dont have to disconnect it...It makes no difference whether its disconnected or bypassed with a short belt, the end result is the same...

--------------------

87mustang
¯
Member # 2496

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87mustang  Ford pictures for 87mustang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so is my car going to do this or did u just have bad luck/ was it worth it?

--------------------
BEAT YA

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Basically, the smog pump pumps air into the cylinder heads...When you get rid of some of the air in your mixture, it will go lean....

Personally I wouldn't mess with the smog pump on a daily driver...But, if this is your project or race car, then I would take it off or bypass it...

I noticed a small hp improvement if any...I mainly did it to loose weight off the front end and one of my smog valves was bad anyway... [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com