Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LONGTUBES QUESTION

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LONGTUBES QUESTION
HYPERSVT
¯
Member # 1707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYPERSVT  Ford pictures for HYPERSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed my longtubes last night and the shorty H. The headers didnt really line up very well. I had to use a jack to line them up. It seems that the h pipe hangers are too long. Does this sound right and is this a chronic problem with LTs?? Any ideas on how to fix this?? I cant even get my car out of the gararge. My sht scrapes from the garade to the driveway [Eek!] [Eek!]
Maybe an inch and a half clearace [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Lincoln LS V8
2004 CRF 230

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What brand of headers do you have? My BBK full length's hang pretty low and my H-pipe had a hard time lining up.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

HYPERSVT
¯
Member # 1707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYPERSVT  Ford pictures for HYPERSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are BBK but its the hpipe. the LTs clear fine

--------------------
Lincoln LS V8
2004 CRF 230

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the H-pipe is giving you the fits just get a grinder and cut the hangers off or take it to a shop and have them do it. It takes about a minute or two. I once had this problem with a different H-pipe and I did this and it lined up just right. I had no problems by cutting the hangers off.

--------------------
04 Cobra, K&N FIPK,

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have bbk headers and h-pipe, the headers hang the lowest, but there's still 4" of clearance

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cut the hangers off u dont need them [burnout]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
HYPERSVT
¯
Member # 1707

LONGTUBES SUCK!!! My car is HELLA slower!! WTF....

--------------------
Lincoln LS V8
2004 CRF 230

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you saying that cause the stock GT was about to take you out?

Wanna find out? Race my cobra...again

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
HYPERSVT
¯
Member # 1707

About to... As in didnt... Ive yet to be beat by a new GT with "0" mods such as the one you were "borrowing" First off you shouldnt race cars that arent yours and second of all maybe you could race me on your R1..... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lincoln LS V8
2004 CRF 230

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't be a hater cuz u can't wrench... [Big Grin]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HYPERSVT:
About to... As in didnt... Ive yet to be beat by a new GT with "0" mods such as the one you were "borrowing" First off you shouldnt race cars that arent yours and second of all maybe you could race me on your R1..... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

You prove time after time to be a complete fag.
By the way since you assume everything, that car is not a loaner, I'm doing a lot of things for her to sell it. That was a test drive considering I did a tune on it, and ripped on it in one gear. Race my R1- now your being a fag again. I'm not quite sure why I respond to your rediculous comments, but I'll say:
HA- you deserve the slow you recieved from the exhaust.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com