Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » just bought a p600 procharger for my 88 lx

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: just bought a p600 procharger for my 88 lx
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well just bought a p600 procharger with intercooler,fmu,brakets,14psi pulleys,etc.

will the stock 5.0 short block handle 14 psi.
just for like 10 or so runs?i just wanna make some hard quick cash till i get the 9psi pulleys.

what injectors should i run? 30,36 or 42
i have 24# injectors right now.
this kit i got has a fmu with it.
will i need a inline pump?
the car runs 12.40's all day on slick
what will it run with blower
i hope low 11. [Wink]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the blower. Hey man do you know where i can get a set of gt40's? you wanna sell yours? I think the shortblock should take it with the interecooler. I think you could probably get by with 30# injectors. You gonna run it on the street?
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got my gt40s off ebay for $400
but if i had 400 more i would've got trickflows.
i have a friend that has the almost the same setup
but he has trickflows 2.02/1.60
i run a 7.9 @87
he runs a 7.6 @92
1/8 mile.
ebay man
buy/beware [Wink]

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

so any supercharging advice from anyone else?
30 pd injectors good enough for 14psi?
and will my 100k+ stock short block handle
a few runs w/14psi?
the heads i have are not o-ring.i'm very concerned

i'm pushing roughly 250rwhp
what should i expect for 14psi

where can i get some 9psi pulleys?

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93mustangt:
Congrats on the blower. Hey man do you know where i can get a set of gt40's? you wanna sell yours? I think the shortblock should take it with the interecooler. I think you could probably get by with 30# injectors. You gonna run it on the street?

What in the world would an intercooler have to do with the stock block holding up??? If anything it will make things worse because the motor will make more power. Running 12.4's right now this car probably has close to 300 rwhp, throw 14 psi and we're talking over 450 on not only the stock block but the stock short block. It will last for a little bit for a few runs but don't plan on it running long [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
quote:
Originally posted by 93mustangt:

What in the world would an intercooler have to do with the stock block holding up??? If anything it will make things worse because the motor will make more power. Running 12.4's right now this car probably has close to 300 rwhp, throw 14 psi and we're talking over 450 on not only the stock block but the stock short block. It will last for a little bit for a few runs but don't plan on it running long [Roll Eyes]
What i meant was the intercooler will have a cooler intake charge which will help elimunate detonation which will make the shortblock last londer. I am very aware of the stock block limitations.
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

WHERE can i get some brake rotors with oversized
studs for the track.
the new tech inspecter at the track has been giving me b.s about that.
so ah?...hmm. [Confused]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com