Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how to lower my 96 cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how to lower my 96 cobra
mustang707
¯
Member # 3896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang707  Ford pictures for mustang707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want my car lower what brand of springs lowers my car the most and where can I get them or should I go with coil over springs
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eibach sportlines are pretty damn low. Coil overs are great in that your getting the better design along with being able to set the height just about anywhere you want. If you need help on the install let me know. I won't drain your account like a lot of the shops will

[ March 28, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coil overs [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coilovers will give you the lowest drop rob and i know that but if you just want springs on my 97 cobra i put sportline eibachs with no isulators and the damn thing is damn near in the weeds. i too offer my help if you need i can install either kit . pm if intrested thank you, shaun [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I reccomend Eibach Sportlines.

--------------------
Support our troops!

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want the best handling out of it with more drop but more money do the Coil-overs. If you want lots of drop at a cheap price go with the Sportlines [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or if you want a low drop with almost no price, cut the damn things yourself. Just an idea that a lot of people do.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

98_No_Bra
¯
Member # 2351

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98_No_Bra  Ford pictures for 98_No_Bra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lowered my with Eibach Sportlines. Two inch drop and looks great.
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the sprotilines. I had them in my last stang and I was very happy with them. I still wanted to go lower so after about a year I cut a coil and a half off them.. Sportlines are tight. If u want some Intrax pm me I got some new ones.
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much do coil overs cost... (eibach) coil overs?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
or if you want a low drop with almost no price, cut the damn things yourself. Just an idea that a lot of people do.

If you want the car tohandle like absolute dog shit that's always and option [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my stock saleen springs cut and it rides like absolute shit and i hate it. Going to do it right this time and get coil overs. Dont cut, everytime i hit a bump it hits hella hard.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Rev Happy
¯
Member # 661

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rev Happy  Ford pictures for Rev Happy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eibach sportlines suck... They are way to soft for the drop they offer and the rear drops slightly more than the front...(typical Eibach)

If you're looking toward conventional springs and want to do it right, I recommend H&R supersports with Bilstein sport struts/shocks and MM caster/camber plates... I ran this combo for awhile on my 96 Cobra, and thought it was a nice setup for the street... It was stiff, but not harsh by any means... Another plus about H&R springs is that they don't sag over the years... I actually still have my supersports in the rear but with Griggs coil-overs in front... [burnout]

[ March 29, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Rev Happy ]

--------------------
96 Cobra

Posts: 182 | From: Southern California | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com