Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how can i make 10.5 rim fit in 89lx

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how can i make 10.5 rim fit in 89lx
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how can i make 10.5 rims with315 fit in back of 89 lx? and will they stick out? thanks

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS
95 STANG GTS AFR'D,CAM'D,INTAKE ON JACK STANDS
99 RANGE ROVER 22'S SPINNERS
64 IMPALA W/WET KANDY PAINT
80 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE

Posts: 1281 | From: E. SAN JOSE.CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing that a hammer and some trimming cant take care of. What wheels and does the car have a stock rear end?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you thought about doing mini tubs?!? i dont know but 315's out back will look hella sick on a fox! [worship]
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTTLED.LX  Ford pictures for BOTTLED.LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry no mini tube its a stock 8.8 with cobra r' [Wink]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check PM's

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR GO FAST:
check PM's

If you know of some certain wheel or way to make a 10.5 to fit with 315's send me a pm to please [Big Grin]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SVT Fox
¯
Member # 1837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT Fox  Ford pictures for SVT Fox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have oe concepts 4 lug y2ks with the 24mm offset and im pretty sure 315s will fit on the back, i have the BBK springs in the rear, which only lowered it about an inch, I also removed the quad shocks.

--------------------
65 coupe
66 Coupe
92 Fobra
97 Cobra
98 Cobra
01 GT

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
check PM's

If you know of some certain wheel or way to make a 10.5 to fit with 315's send me a pm to please [Big Grin]
I accept pay pal in the payment of three cookies

--------------------

NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Haze187:
i have oe concepts 4 lug y2ks with the 24mm offset and im pretty sure 315s will fit on the back, i have the BBK springs in the rear, which only lowered it about an inch, I also removed the quad shocks.

do you have any pix of the rims/tires on the car? i wanna see how it looks with 315's... [burnout] [patriot]
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i read somewhere (therefore im pretty sure its possible) that you can fit a 325/50/15 without a minitub. if i remember correctly he did it with a 10 inch/6.5 b/s draglite. im sure other applications would fit as well.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

SVT Fox
¯
Member # 1837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT Fox  Ford pictures for SVT Fox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 265s on right now, but there is a good 1 inch from the tire to the inner well left, and sence the car is not that much lower in the rear, i have all the room in the world on the other side.

-

pic is weak im sorry

--------------------
65 coupe
66 Coupe
92 Fobra
97 Cobra
98 Cobra
01 GT

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen1:
i read somewhere (therefore im pretty sure its possible) that you can fit a 325/50/15 without a minitub. if i remember correctly he did it with a 10 inch/6.5 b/s draglite. im sure other applications would fit as well.

the kid with the green coupe (kevin) has those...im thinking. Yes the welds 15x10 with a 6.50 back setting is the set up. There is some major hammering to fit those....like a sledge hammer and thoughts of a wacked out ex girlfriend that wrecked your car while putting on lipstick type of aggresion.

--------------------

SVT Fox
¯
Member # 1837

quote:
There is some major hammering to fit those....like a sledge hammer and thoughts of a wacked out ex girlfriend that wrecked your car while putting on lipstick type of aggresion. [/QB]
Man, you have some aggression dont ya?

--------------------
65 coupe
66 Coupe
92 Fobra
97 Cobra
98 Cobra
01 GT

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen1:

the kid with the green coupe (kevin) has those...im thinking. Yes the welds 15x10 with a 6.50 back setting is the set up. There is some major hammering to fit those....like a sledge hammer and thoughts of a wacked out ex girlfriend that wrecked your car while putting on lipstick type of aggresion.
sledge hammer on a car to release agression? why not just slip her some arsenic and pretend the car never existed?

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

i got payback... [Big Grin]

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn.. 10.5? thats a pretty wide rim bro.. you can run a 10" without mini tubeing the car.. you just gotta delet the Quad shocks and bang a lil inside the fenedr and roll your lips in.. Here is the link with picture of a coupe with 15x10 with 315/50/15

http://www.southbaystangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you happen to have a pic of this car from a side profile?
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had to edit that thread, its actually 315/60/15 in the rear...just remove your quad shocks, i would recommend some good upper n lowers if yer gonna do so, and roll your fenders, then bang bang bang on the inside.. i am going to do this setup soon. u need 6.5 backspacing. now if ya want to do it in a 17 in rim, i would ask STROKD. he has it on his car
BOTTLED.LX
¯
Member # 3267

o.k thanks for the reply's. [patriot] is a mini tube required to put these rims on? [Confused] [patriot]

--------------------
SOUTHBAYSTANGS

SVT Fox
¯
Member # 1837

nope

--------------------
65 coupe
66 Coupe
92 Fobra
97 Cobra
98 Cobra
01 GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's that pic... nice back end profile!

-
oops, I mean this one... lol

-

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com