Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » E303 OR B303 WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: E303 OR B303 WHATS THE DIFFERENCE
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A B303 AND E303 CAM?WHICH ONE IS GOOD IF I GOT MY HEADS RESURFACED?NEED HELP?? [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The difference is the specs of the cam...duration, lift, etc.
Getting your heads resurfaced shouldn't be a determining factor in cam choice. [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOULD THEY WORK ON A STOCK 91 5.0?

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Gt MuStAng 510:
WOULD THEY WORK ON A STOCK 91 5.0?

Any cam will work in any motor. It seems as though you don't really know anything about the part you want to get, you just want to order not knowing what it does. I'll tell you right now the B is a stronger cam but I'd like to make you find out why [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not that i want to buy it its just that i bought the car and it has a e303 cam...i would put the b303 because its stock and doesn't push much poweer and the e303 is made for handling more power..i need help figuring out if it's still a good combo..i plan on adding a cold air and pullys.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesnt "E" stand for emissions..... [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Gt MuStAng 510:
its not that i want to buy it its just that i bought the car and it has a e303 cam...i would put the b303 because its stock and doesn't push much poweer and the e303 is made for handling more power..i need help figuring out if it's still a good combo..i plan on adding a cold air and pullys.

E is made to handle more power, this is interesting. Unless your car is idling like crap as some E cams tend to even though mine does not, do not switch out to the B. It's not worth that much to you. Small bolt ons like pullies and cold air will not affect which cam to select, I'm assuming you think pullies and cold air add 35-40 horsepower as well [Confused]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Psydwaze
¯
Member # 1280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psydwaze  Ford pictures for Psydwaze  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford Racing Catalog - Cam Page

It doesn't look as though the B303 is smog legal. A bit rougher idle, and recommended for use with a manual transmission.

The E303 is 50 state legal and does idle well. Good for automatics and superchargers.

I have an E303 in my car with a Tremec 5sp and a supercharger. Idles just fine. Peak power for my combo is at 5500 rpm just as the cam specs read.

[ March 25, 2004, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Psydwaze ]

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they may say that only the 'E' cam is smog legal, but b, f, and x can all pass.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com