Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Pressure regulator/smog?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Pressure regulator/smog?
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so I get the damn check eng. light to stop coming on, so I take my car to get it smogged and can't pass cause of my areomotive f/p regulator. [Roll Eyes] So my question is do you think I will have any issues with my car running to lean(kaabooom) if I switch back to the stock one just so I can pass. My combo is a 97 gt S-trim 3.33 pulley, aftercooler, 30lbs injectors, 255 walbro, and pro-m 80mm. Thanks

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought those kits came with some sort of fmu? [Confused]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd take it to another smog shop....

BTW, what's your FP at now?...

[ March 23, 2004, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's at 38... it only takes a minute to change and I do not feel like trying to find another shop that will let it slide, since most of them are being bitches theses days.

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So let me get this straight you didn't pass a "visual" with the aftermarket regulator????

You have to be joking.... [Confused]

[ March 23, 2004, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
So let me get this straight you didn't pass a "visual" with the aftermarket regulator????

You have to be joking.... [Confused]

Yeah, that doesn't make sense since the regulator is part of the S-trim's EO number. I'd take it to another shop. Those guys are obviously morons.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

It was not the FMU so and was not part of the S-trim kit. I will see what another shop has to say about it.

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
it's at 38... it only takes a minute to change and I do not feel like trying to find another shop that will let it slide, since most of them are being bitches theses days.

If it means you will pass by just changing the FPR back to stock, you might as well...The stock FPR usually runs 35-40psi, so you'd be ok to drive it to the smog shop with it installed...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com