Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What kind of headers do I need for a 95 gt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What kind of headers do I need for a 95 gt
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an o/r h pipe with the stock headers, so what kind of headers do I need? equal length shorty's or can I get unequal lenght shortie headers?

--------------------
To be or not to be

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get either though I wouldn't get equal length's because they make it more of a pain to install and are real close to the spark plug boots for maybe a 2 horsepower gain. I like the Ford racing headers with bassani header gaskets. Make sure you get different hardware with lock washers of some sort. That makes for the best seal imo

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's are surprising stat. In the new 5.0 mag they test 1 5/8 shorties, equal lengths, 1 5/8 long tubes and 1 3/4 long tubes and the unequal lengths out powered everythingin HP and torque. I guess it goes to show you the long tubes are only good if you use a power adder.

Well after my reading I'll speak from experience. I had regular shorties on this car and then switched to long tubes and it felt like a totally different car. It yanked way harder up top than it had before, but also I took off the cats in the process and went with an off road pipe. In all honestly I think the regular shorties are your best bet right now cause you don't want to have to be cheating your smog like me. My vite goes with some Ford, Bassani's or JBA, those comapanies make some quality shorties. Stay away from BBK and MAC unless you find a screaming deal [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats wrong with bbk headers, i was planning to get some shorties with an off road x pipe all bbk. [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my bbk's work fine, the only reason the threads got fucked up is the one time i let an exhaust shop touch the car [patriot]
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK's have come a long way over the years. They used to not have a one part flange and now they do. I like the ford headers because the flange is smooth with no bumpy welds on the flange side making the bassani gaskets seal great.

--------------------

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The BBK's that came on my car leaked like crazy, I still have a leak with my long tubes but it's very small and can be fixed if my lazy ass would tighten them up a bit. Oh and Scott I thought the exhaust shop was brought into play to fix the problem [Confused]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My BBKs are o.k. I'd love to have the Bassani's though! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F^ck BBK...My BBK headers leaked at the welds!...Along with warped flanges that made a 5 minute re-installs an hour job...

Ford Motorsport ceramic coated headers are basically the best shorty you can get....

94-95 ceramic coated~ M-9430-C95

These headers are coated inside and out vs some of the other companies...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had hooker headers on my white 89 5.0. they were very easy to put in, and bolted right up to my mac h-pipe. i got the headers off of ebay for 50 bucks.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know some of you guys said BBK's aren't the best, but should I get them for this price?

:::::For Sale:

BBK unequal length shorty headers for 94-95 GT. Good shape, no dings or rust.

I'd take $100 + shipping for the headers. I'll ship COD only. I'll include the header bolts too.::::

[ March 16, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Infamous5.0 ]

--------------------
To be or not to be

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

You can get brand new ones for $180. I'd say get the news ones for peace of mind.

[ March 16, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------

graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unless you can physically inspect them, I would also go w/ the new ones. It's better than possibly pissing $100 down the drain.

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
The BBK's that came on my car leaked like crazy, I still have a leak with my long tubes but it's very small and can be fixed if my lazy ass would tighten them up a bit. Oh and Scott I thought the exhaust shop was brought into play to fix the problem [Confused]

nope we fixed it at shauns
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you trust the buyer, i'd rather get them used. better than getting some defective bbk's

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
if you trust the buyer, i'd rather get them used. better than getting some defective bbk's

used is the way to go.
hows that x pipe treating you? ha!

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
used is the way to go.
hows that x pipe treating you? ha!

haha, i sold it to hopdup95. i went with bbk longtubes. used of course

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice!

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:

Well since its c.o.d I can look at them right? so if their messed up I dont have to take them. I have a bassani x pipe with 2 high flow cats that I recently bought "used" but I'm gonna sell it and just get the o/r h pipe.

--------------------
To be or not to be

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sent you a PM Infamous about them Bassani's.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

This is what he responded with, but once I get them I will see them, and if there's something wrong with them, I wont pay for it since its C.O.D, what do you guys think, buy or not?

They have no dents, no scratches. Nothing is wrong with them, they are perfect for being a couple years old. They are not ceramic. Ceramic cost $299 new, these cost $180 new or so. I just took them off my 95GT that made 295rwhp with a stock 302, Edelbrock Performer intake, E303 cam, AFR 165cc heads, 73mm mass air, 24lb injectors, bassani x-pipe, flowmasters, etc... I built a 331 upgraded to AFR 185cc heads, a custom Comp-Cam and I wanted long-tubes to have more flow/torque. I promise you, you will not be dissapointed and I absolutely understand you want to be sure you know what you are getting before you buy as I have been in your shoes and got good stuff and also junk. These are as good as you can hope to buy used. The chrome as burned down as I say, but they are not rusted and they still look good.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
I have an o/r h pipe with the stock headers, so what kind of headers do I need? equal length shorty's or can I get unequal lenght shortie headers?

I'm biased toward FMS headers.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay, well I still might go with the bbks, even though you guys have scared me about possibly buying them. I looked at the jdm and the bassanis and Im sorry but they just are too ridiculously expensive. but the ford motorsport headers seem like a better price. do u think its worth paying a little more and getting the fords or should bbks work well????
Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have mac equal lenghts on my 88 gt, and haven't had any problems yet. [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com