Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » proform 15"elec.fan w/thermo.install??wiring?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: proform 15"elec.fan w/thermo.install??wiring?
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the fan mounted and was wondering if you know the easist way on wiring up to have it where you can run the fan with the car off?

the instuctions i have has two positive wires .
one low-amp 12 volt,the other high-amp 12 volt(battery/alt?)

it says,
put wire one to 12 volt low-amp source possible
the fuse box.
wtf? [Confused] fuse box how?
where can i connect the low-amp 12v wire??????

please help soon .its starting to get dark and i already can't see what im doing [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
thanks

[ March 09, 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
r u just trying to run them on a switch inside the car?

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes,
but i can't figure out where to connect the low amp 12 volt positive wire from the fan to the car.
where is a good place to find a low amp 12 volt source?

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
run in straight to the battery with a inline fuse.
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine is wired like this- i have 2 fans. there is a ground and an accesorie wire from each. i put the 2 grounds together and put them to a ground on my frame. i ran the 2 accesories wires together to my switch on the terminal that says accesorie. ran a ground from switch to ground. ran a power from switch to battery. sounds kinda confusing but works.

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com