Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question on 03 Cobras

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on 03 Cobras
1SiCV8
¯
Member # 4224

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SiCV8  Ford pictures for 1SiCV8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 2002 GT and Want to put a 03 Cobra rear deck spoiler. I don't know how to install it, including the 3rd Brake light. Will if have to drill new holes for it or is it a direct bolt-on. If anyone is selling theirs Hit me Back ASAP. I am willing to buy. My car is Silver Thanks
Posts: 123 | From: GreaterBayArea | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is not a direct bolt in....

It will bolt in place, but not using the existing GT spoiler holes... [Frown]

[ March 09, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a WHOLE different trunk...it has built in molding. if you want a 03 trunk you will need the trunk, wing and lights and wiring
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MRT is supposed to release a similar wing for GT by end of summer:

-

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that wing looks like a cross between the saleen and cobra.....like a knock off dont like it....if you want the cobra just get it from the dealer. And i think its like the saleen they give you the third brake light and the new spoiler covers the old light....and its bolt on but you have to drill new holes
Posts: 218 | From: FF-707/EDH-916 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you just buy the wing...its not a direct bolt on...it wont fit because of contours under the wing...you need the trunk too
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by badazz:
if you just buy the wing...its not a direct bolt on...it wont fit because of contours under the wing...you need the trunk too

are you sure? I have a friend who has an 03 cobra wing, and I don't think she got a whole new trunk to go with it.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com