Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Whats the best thing to do to increase HP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats the best thing to do to increase HP
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 04 mustang gt and all i got is flowmasters installed i dont know what i should do next? [Confused] I dont want to get anything to risky like nos.

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100% not risky -
1)Short throw shifter: Tri-ax or pro 5.0 [patriot]
2)Gears [patriot]
3)Nice high flow mid-pipe. [patriot]

Why do you say that nos is risky?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would first recomend you reading up more into 2v mustangs and trying to get good at driving it. When you start to reach your optimal ets and mph buy that time you will know what mods you need. [patriot]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
93cobra
¯
Member # 2635

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobra  Ford pictures for 93cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gears [patriot]

--------------------
93foxbody wtb 93 cobra intake

Posts: 673 | From: vacaville,ca | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
K&N Aifilter, cold-air kit, 4.10's, x-pipe, throttle body, Mass Air Meter, pulleys, timing adjuster, and Nitto's.....in that order. [Big Grin]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BuffMUSTANG
¯
Member # 3180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffMUSTANG  Ford pictures for BuffMUSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
K&N Aifilter, cold-air kit, 4.10's, x-pipe, throttle body, Mass Air Meter, pulleys, timing adjuster, and Nitto's.....in that order.
Forget the K&N air filter and cold air kit... Get the C&L MAF kit which comes with a K&N filter and MAF. Also get the C&L pipe, 75mm Accufab throttle body, and C&L Plenum. If you are going to get 4.10's then Nittos or some other drag radial or slick will be needed right after that. X pipe would be good and a straight through muffler would be better for power, like magnaflow. Pulleys are a good mod, so is a timing adjuster. BTW- Nitrous (proper name) is NOT harmful to your engine if you use it correctly! Now if you really have a lot of money you could do heads and cams and intake. That is assuming you want to stay NA. You could add a blower or turbo of Nitrous....

Just my thoughts, it's your car, do what you feel is best.

[ February 29, 2004, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: BuffMUSTANG ]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT, Bolt on's...

Posts: 160 | From: Copper, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it aint what you want to hear i know but nothing beats nitrous (N20) for the buck. Just make sure you have all the supporting parts like fuel, timing, etc... for it and keep you car maintained and it will last a long time!!!!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am on my second modular car (99 and 02 gt) and the very first things that i've done are:

1. mid-pipe (any good x or h pipe with 2.5" piping. catted or off-road depending if you wanna go legal or not, and how loud you want your car to be!)

2. good catback system with matching 2.5" piping!

3. gears!!!

4. short shifter

5. subframe connectors

6. pulleys

7. timing adjuster

8. throttle body 70mm+

9. intake plenum

10. mass air with k&n filter

11. short shifter

12. subframe connectors

13. rear control arms

14. tires

all the parts i listed are basic bolt-ons and not that "risky" if you want a decent runner on the street or track! theres also many more parts you can get now for your 2v, but i dont know what your goals are so... [burnout] good luck and do some research on some parts!!!

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first mod should always be many trips to the track. no mod can possibly top a good driver [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the replys. my street dreams are running at least 10's or 11's. So everyone in the streets of Vacaville will fear me.

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want 10's or 11's, then your going to be buying "risky" mods. [Wink]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10 to 11's from a guy that calls it nawwzzz [Roll Eyes]

[ March 01, 2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04mustanggtkibby:
Thanks for the replys. my street dreams are running at least 10's or 11's. So everyone in the streets of Vacaville will fear me.

LOL! "At least 10's or 11's" with nothing "Risky"

Let me know if you want to run an 11sec 2v that way you can see how much work you have to do. I'll put the Jug on just for you [Smile]

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

I just dont want to use NOS i will use a supercharger or a turbochrager.

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less, im free.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I just dont want to use NOS i will use a supercharger or a turbochrager.

What color is your car?
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com