Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Intercooler questions! SHM? Fast track??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Intercooler questions! SHM? Fast track??
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking into intercoolers for my 98 cobra with the vortech.

SHM? fast track??

Any reccomendations?

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Paxton one looks pretty cool....

http://www.superchargeronline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=PAX1300001

Whatever you do, I'd stay with an air-to-air in intercooler...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does seem to be a nice piece.

I've done a TON of reading on intercoolers/aftercoolers and have determined that I am only going air to air, instead of water to air. Although the aftercooled stuff isn't bad, The air to air route seems MUCH better in so many ways.

Looks like that site wants $1,249 for it...really not bad considering the SHM piece is 1800 bucks. I'm just wondering the compadibility with the vortech?

Thanks for the reply!

Any other suggestions?

--------------------

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:

I've done a TON of reading on intercoolers/aftercoolers and have determined that I am only going air to air, instead of water to air. Although the aftercooled stuff isn't bad, The air to air route seems MUCH better in so many ways.

Looks like that site wants $1,249 for it...really not bad considering the SHM piece is 1800 bucks. I'm just wondering the compadibility with the vortech?

Thanks for the reply!

Any other suggestions?

hey man, let me know which one you choose, maybe we can get a discount if we buy 2 [Big Grin] I have been looking REAL close at the Fast Track though
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:

Thanks for the reply!

Any other suggestions?

hey man, let me know which one you choose, maybe we can get a discount if we buy 2 [Big Grin] I have been looking REAL close at the Fast Track though
i sent an email to the owner of fast track concerning his piece. I'll let yo know what I find out.

--------------------

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey javier runs with the fast track intercooler, and never had any issues, also i would check on ebay, for some spearco intercoolers, i last checked and saw some running for like 300-400 dollers that would work perfect for yer setup
badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this might work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2460888747

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you go with the paxton intercooler, Jim (www.fourvalve.com) might be able to get you a better deal.

i've also talked to fast track about fabricating an intercooler for my 95. they said they'd do it for me. there customer service seemed pretty good so i'll end up going with them when the time comes.

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com