Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cam shaft selection

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cam shaft selection
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Once I get a motor (looking at a rebuilt at the moment). What is a good streetable cam?? At the moment I'm looking at the B303 or E303.

Any other brands you would suggest, like crower, or magnum cam.

I would like a little chop on the idle but still ba able to pass smog. If this was to be used in my 66 Chevelle I would go with an all out radical cam but this is for my daily driver, so it need to be streetable, similar/decent gas mileage over stock.

I'm new to the EFI stuff so I am a bit over whelmed vs a carbed motor.

Thanks

Rich

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X-cam retarded 6 degrees with 1.7 rockers. You will pass the sniffer, the power will be amazing, and you'll love the sound [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the rest of your combo?

I'd say that the "X-cam retarded 6 degrees with 1.7 rockers" isn't the best cam combo for every car out there.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
What is the rest of your combo?

I'd say that the "X-cam retarded 6 degrees with 1.7 rockers" isn't the best cam combo for every car out there.

[worship]
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com