Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » injector requirements

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: injector requirements
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With a 351, GT-40s w/ some mild port work, edelbrock performer 5.0 intake, 70mm TB and spacer... what size injectors should be run? I've got the stocker 19#s in there now, with a 255 lph pump and an aeromotive AFPR.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like to see 30#ers with this set up.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
24's or 30's. Those 302 heads and intake are killing the 351 combo.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cheap:
With a 351, GT-40s w/ some mild port work, edelbrock performer 5.0 intake, 70mm TB and spacer... what size injectors should be run? I've got the stocker 19#s in there now, with a 255 lph pump and an aeromotive AFPR.

the guy i got the intake from that u are now using was using some edelbrock 6037's unported running 24# injectors, the 24's were plenty big, he didnt even have an AFPR and it was fine, untuned and the car ran flawlessly, no hiccups sputter nothing, just raw torque

i think the 19's might be a little small, i would sudject just go to the dyno and get some runs in with the wideband a/f meter, to see where u really stand, see if u can adjust it enough to get the current injectors to work

$90 at a dyno is much cheaper than new injectors and a new MAF, and u will know where u stand on the rollers

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com