Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sevice engine soon light

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sevice engine soon light
Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a way to reset the computer myself. Here is my problem. Installed O/R X pipe and mils. Lowered car down off rack and drove out. SES light comes on and I realized that I didn't hook the Forward 02 sensors back up. ( I KNOW, I AM A DUMBASS..lol) Anyway went back this morning and hooked them back up but the light remains. I am sure that the sensors were the problem. Can you guys help?

[ February 07, 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: 03 GT Guy ]

--------------------
-built to run

Posts: 939 | From: Vacaville by way of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can disconnect the negative terminal of the battery to reset the computer [patriot]
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep just disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so. If that doesn't fix it than you'll need a scan tool to shut the code off

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just drive the car and in the next 70-80 miles it will turn itself off. Drive cycles [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

KillerKar
Member # 3312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KillerKar  Ford pictures for KillerKar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Yep just disconnect the battery for 20 minutes or so. If that doesn't fix it than you'll need a scan tool to shut the code off

yes thats all it should take

--------------------
Pony Power rules!

Posts: 8 | From: CA, Sac-town | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
saleen03
¯
Member # 4089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen03  Ford pictures for saleen03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i have a question. would some headers from a 1996 gt fit a '96 cobra? i wouldnt think so because of the 2v vs. 4v right?

--------------------
'96 Saleen S-281

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope the headers on a GT have different EGR ports than a cobra....sorry

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
saleen03
¯
Member # 4089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen03  Ford pictures for saleen03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what i thought.. thanks!

--------------------
'96 Saleen S-281

Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Just drive the car and in the next 70-80 miles it will turn itself off. Drive cycles [Wink]

Sounds like I am going on a mini cruise! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-built to run

Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Hiddn.o.s,
Good call on the driving around. After about 40 miles the light went out. Thanks alot!! [Big Grin]

Tim

--------------------
-built to run

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tim, you are welcome. My girlfriend didn't tighten her gas cap all the way last week and her light came on. She took it to Ford because it is under warranty and they got a kick out of the reason and told us that it would have gone off after being driven 70-80 miles. The system would have checked itself a few times and cleared itself.

Just trying to save you from having to reset your radio stations and stuff [patriot]

I NEVER would have guessed that not tightening your gas cap all the way would have caused the S.E.S. light on.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even with MILs, my light comes on and goes off. It's hit & miss. Just want you to be prepared incase. MIL elims aren't 100% reliable.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com