Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Valeo PN for a "king cobra" clutch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Valeo PN for a "king cobra" clutch
289fia_cobra
¯
Member # 3813

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 289fia_cobra  Ford pictures for 289fia_cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone knew what the OEM mfg. part number of the King Cobra clutch is? I know Valeo makes the Ford King Cobra clutch but I'm not sure that's what I have. I don't see the typical Ford pn unless it's buried somewhere obscure. TIA
Posts: 66 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found "M7560C302" from gefracing.com [Confused]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
289fia_cobra
¯
Member # 3813

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 289fia_cobra  Ford pictures for 289fia_cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only part I can make out was:

E5ZM 7550 A302 on the friction disk; springs are a powerder blue.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 289fia_cobra:
The only part I can make out was:

E5ZM 7550 A302 on the friction disk; springs are a powerder blue.

That's the part number for the FMS HD/King Cobra disc. The HD and King Cobra clutch have different pressure plates though. M-7553-A302 for the HD pressure plate and M-7553-C302 for the king cobra.
289fia_cobra
¯
Member # 3813

After replying, I went to a FMS catalog; you're correct. The friction plate is at least the HD type used in both units.

Thanks for the research anyway. I think the friction pad may still be good (need to measure compressed) but the flywheel has stress cracks radiating outwards along the entire contact surface and the obvious burn marks along both surfaces suggest to me neither may be of any use.I haven't checked for warpage on the pressure plate.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing happened to me when my king cobra died. The disc looked great, but the pressure plate was shot. I replaced the setup with a Spec Stage 2 clutch and have been very happy with the change.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com