Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AODE/4R70W Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AODE/4R70W Question
Rusty
¯
Member # 3984

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty  Ford pictures for Rusty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a '98 GT Automatic.

Situation: Cruising at a steady 65 on the highway. If you take your foot off the gas to decelerate, is the lock-up Torque Converter supposed to disengage? And then...re-ingage when you resume speed?

If so; is there some way to change that? It annoys the hell out of me.

Can someone point me to a resource that describes the controls used in this tranmission? I would like to know shift points and just general operation of the thing. What control does what...what is supposed to happen and when. That sort of thing.

Thanks, Rusty
(Wishing I had bought a 5-Speed...)

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can attempt to Host my 94 service manual (that I have on cd) that I can compress.
It has a buttload of info on the ADOE in there.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Rusty
¯
Member # 3984

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty  Ford pictures for Rusty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm..

Offhand, I have no clue as to what differences, if any, there are between a '94 and a '98.

I imagine that others could benefit from your upload though, if you can pull it off.

That sounds like a lot of "compressing" if it's a full manual.

Thanks for reading, Rusty

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to the TCCOA website, and read Jerry's thesis on the AOD-E/4R70W trannys. It will blow you away whatyou can learn about them.
Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many miles on your tranny?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Rusty
¯
Member # 3984

My car has about 25k miles on it.

And, yes, I have been referred to the TB/Cougar site and have begun to study Jerry's postings.

They are very factual, but I still don't see an answer there to my specific question. I'll keep reading... [Smile]

Rusty

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com