Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Header Bolts

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Header Bolts
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up guys/gals,

Just wanted to throw up a post to check on one thing. If I recall the right size bolts for a 4.6 header job are 8mm X 1.25 right? I think thats them but I wanted to make sure. I am talking about the bolts from the header to the head itself...thanks in advance

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's right.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where did all of Charlie's stuff go after he pasted away.. I hear it went to Bruce Cuture and someone else...what did theye xactly get...Paul..

--------------------
1988 Saleen convt #522 SC
1989 Saleen #420 408 w/BOOST!
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Posts: 2264 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well Bruce got Charlie's blue coupe, his van, and convert. His red daily driver went to a long time customer. And the red lx hatch was sold to someone I didn't know and it has changed hands a couple of times so I've heard. Ranger I am unsure of as well as his F-250. As far as all of Charlie's stuff. I think Bruce sold off a lot of it and still has what he choose to keep. Bruce rented out Charlies old barn and it is now a place for select Shelby club members to rent out to work on their own stuff. It was nice to see a lot of Charlie's old stuff stay with the people that he was close with.

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Byron got Charlie's cobra kit car as well.
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was Bruce to Charlie? Were they just friends or did they work together?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Yes your right. Byron did get Charlie's cobra. He is in the process right now of turning that car into a work of art. Supercharged Big block pushing around 800-900 horsepower, Dodge Viper brakes on all four corners. Built solid just the way Charlie would have liked. I know it will be stupid with that much power but Byron just wanted something well....stupid fast. Bruce was a long time friend of Charlie. They spent many years together attending shelby club events and functions. He also worked at Charlie's every now and than. He took care of all of Charlie's final arrangements since Charlie's family wasn't all that close to him. I believe Charlie's family sold off most of his stuff to Bruce for next to nothing. Somewhat of a thank you gift for all the work he did to make the arrangements very nice. Bruce had placed himself in a very good position to make that happen.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com