Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » foxbody computer operated distributor and carb

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: foxbody computer operated distributor and carb
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is a long shot but

can i use the stock mustang electronics to run the distributor and timing

and use a carbuerator to control fuel flow

its just a thought i had

i know the computer will throw a check engine light since the injectors wont be firing, but will the distributor still work without the computer pulling timing

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im gonna guess no. wont the computer be telling the relay to turn on the fuel pump?...and bring fuel to the front. secondly, on an efi setup isnt the regulator on the return side of the rails, where as in a carb setup the regulator is on the entry side? i could be way off on this.

get an msd [patriot]

[ January 29, 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Chosen1 ]

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen1:
im gonna guess no. wont the computer be telling the relay to turn on the fuel pump?...and bring fuel to the front. secondly, on an efi setup isnt the regulator on the return side of the rails, where as in a carb setup the regulator is on the entry side? i could be way off on this.

get an msd [patriot]

this is for my 427

i jave a complete dedicated fuel system, sump a1000 etc.

and i have an msd, i was just wondering i could use my efi for timing control only, this is in an 88 coupe

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO FOO! YOU SMOKIN CRACK?!

Sounds very UNLIKELY but if you do get it to work (which you won't) post pics, and tell everyone how you did it.

Jus playin [Big Grin]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Talk to Byron of Racesystems.com . Maybe he can cut a very custom chip to do just that.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com