Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What size Injectors/TB/MAF for future combo?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What size Injectors/TB/MAF for future combo?
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking at getting an S Trim or Novi 2000, a 327 stroker, AFR 185's, and a custom cam. What injectors would be right for this, what size TB and MAF thanks?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
70mm or 75mm TB...whichever the intake is. 80mm MAF and 55# injectors unless you have a stand-alone or low impendence driver.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
70mm or 75mm TB...whichever the intake is. 80mm MAF and 55# injectors unless you have a stand-alone or low impendence driver.

thanks jeff, I didn't know if 36's or 42's would of been good enough. cool I can stick to my TB, just need to get the other stuff.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can split a stock block with 42's and a 306 if you really wanted to. Stroking a stock block and boosting it a lot isn't a great idea for longevity.
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you seriously going to be using a stock block? If so, don't bother with a 327 and stick with a $200 used 302.

--------------------

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Are you seriously going to be using a stock block? If so, don't bother with a 327 and stick with a $200 used 302.

even if it has a main support?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:

That helps, but not enough if you want big rwhp.
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:

That helps, but not enough if you want big rwhp.
what about that combo with say 9lb's of boost, will that be too much?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

I don't see the point of using anything BUT a stock 302 with a power adder, unless you use a REAL block.

What do you think the 327 will give you that the 302 won't?

--------------------

347 Stroker
¯
Member # 4039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 347 Stroker  Ford pictures for 347 Stroker  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heck, i'm using a new block with a girdle and I wouldn't even consider hitting the 150 N20 jets even though with it properly tuned I know it would hold for a little while, so I'm just have the 75HP jets in till I can get a Dart block.

A main girdle will help keep your internals together and give a slight bit more support but not much. There's plenty of people putting over 500WHP on stock blocks, but it's just a matter of time before it splits down the middle. I've also seen a block literally in half with just 400WHP (bad tune).

Scott

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
I don't see the point of using anything BUT a stock 302 with a power adder, unless you use a REAL block.

the 327/185 combo is currently on my brothers car. Looks like I will just take his 185's and put that 327 aside for a N/A motor.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] I agree. Glenn just hold out and save up for a Dart block. Add the blower, the 185's, more fuel, etc and you'll be all set.
Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com