Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help quick!!! Cant get right adjustment for the clutch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help quick!!! Cant get right adjustment for the clutch
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay guys I'm installing a double hook quadrant, firewall adjuster and adjustable cable on a 99 v6. I'm having problems with the adjument. I have it on the hook closest to the driver and the adjuster 1/4 way out and when you push in the clutch you cant get into gear but if you push the clutch pedal only 3/4 way in it will go into gear?? Wear should i adjust it from?
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need help. this doesnt make sense. We now have the cable on the second hook closest to the firewall and the firewall adjuster 3/4 way out. and the bolt at the clutch fork tight. when we press the clutch pedal all the way in it will not go into any gears. When we only push the pedal 3/4 way down it goes in fine. I dont understand this. it doesnt make sense to me. Please help
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep messing with the firewall adjuster. Your adjustment seems to be out of whack. Put the firewall adjuster all the way in and then start backing it out. You'll get it to work soon
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com