Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » has any one done a baer brake swap on an early mustang?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: has any one done a baer brake swap on an early mustang?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im looking into a set of baer brake for my 68 cougar same spindles as a mustang and im using my original disc spindles and i was wondering what it takes to do the kit bending lines etc. etc. and im going to run the track 13" rotors and pbr two piston calipers and im thinking about 17" boyd coddingtons and car craft suggest 17x8 with 4 1/2 back space and 245/40/17 but i was going to run 245/45/17 and if some one out their has these brakes i need to konw what the distance between the out side rotor surface to the wheel mounting flange is? (or should is ay how tall the hat is?)and i was wondering if anyone has a suggested rim and tire size? any thing is help ful thanx

[ January 23, 2004, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you watch "rides" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have seen it but im not a frequent viewer why did they do some swaps?
Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I helped a buddy slap a Baer disc brake conversion onto a 70 Plymouth GTX. I have never seen a better kit. It was right on the money, all the parts were correct, and the whole job was done in less than an hour. Go for it. His brakes work killer now. Highly recommended manufacturer for anyone looking to update/convert their brakes.

[ January 25, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Blackicelsc ]

--------------------
94 black/black Mark VIII
97 LSC red/graphite Mark VIII
Vice President GGM8
Black Ice LSC

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

which kit did u install on the gtx if u dont remember do u remember what size rotors and how many pistons on the caliper?
Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try posting this question on www.vintage-mustang.com (they also have a FAQ section on wheel sizeing). Someone on there will have done this swap(well at least on a 67-68 mustyang, hehe). I have heard that the Wilwood kit spaces the wheel out a 1/4" from stock, never heard that about the Baer kit but i'm not sure. My bro is running 17x8's on the front of his and 17x9.5's on the back of his '68 Mustang coupe(235/45/17s front/265/45/17s rear) they fit REAL tight definintely needed to roll the fender lip FLAT. Hope this helps.
Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maier Racing just did this exact swap on a 68 Coupe. The car is still in their shop as of yesterday. Give them a call 510-538-2364.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

thanx everyone

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com