Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SLP loud mouth exuast system...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SLP loud mouth exuast system...
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are these mufflers any good on the 99+ gt? im planning on changing my exuast set-up and wanted a different sound. right now i have custom made catted x-pipes and 2 chamber flowmasters but getting tired of it! the new set-up will be jba short tube headers, bassani off-road x-pipes and the slp loud mouth mufflers. i just want to know whats your opinion with the slp mufflers and are there any other mufflers similar to these because i dont know how the hell these are going to sound like especially with off-roads?!?! anyways thanks jon
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The SLP are supposed to be simular to the Magnapack catback soundwise. I think you will like the sound. I have the Magnapacks and love the way they sound.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw that SLP cat back kit in MM&FF. Looks like they finally realized there's no money left in the F-body market since their demise.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Norcal95050
¯
Member # 2941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcal95050  Ford pictures for Norcal95050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JUst letting you know that it will sound raspy and you will suffer some torque loss cause you have no cats to give ya some back pressure. I would go with a hi flow cat x pipe combo if your gonna go with a resinator (magna pack, slp loud mouth) type muffler. Just my opinion. But I have the Magna chargers and its sounds sweet Im running the stock H-Pipe though until I get the Money for the Catted-X. [burnout]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Norcal95050:
JUst letting you know that it will sound raspy and you will suffer some torque loss cause you have no cats to give ya some back pressure. I would go with a hi flow cat x pipe combo if your gonna go with a resinator (magna pack, slp loud mouth) type muffler. Just my opinion. But I have the Magna chargers and its sounds sweet Im running the stock H-Pipe though until I get the Money for the Catted-X. [burnout]

Your giving out bad info. I have LT's with an OR/X and a Magnapack catback It's not Raspy and there was no loss in torque I put down 300rwtq out of a bolt-on 4.6 NA
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Bassani Midlength headers, with an O/R X pipe, and the Magnpack mufflers...mine tend to rattle a bit, but that's because they vibrate on the damn steering shaft

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude, i hate when people all talk about how without cats you'll lose this insane amount of torque or whatever. thats such bullshit, i guarantee you that it'll pull so much harder, so to the guy who is keeping his stock H on til he can afford cats, i'll run you with my non-cat setup right now and i'll show you how much torque i've lost. sorry to be an ass,
phil

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NORCAL281:
are these mufflers any good on the 99+ gt? im planning on changing my exuast set-up and wanted a different sound. right now i have custom made catted x-pipes and 2 chamber flowmasters but getting tired of it! the new set-up will be jba short tube headers, bassani off-road x-pipes and the slp loud mouth mufflers. i just want to know whats your opinion with the slp mufflers and are there any other mufflers similar to these because i dont know how the hell these are going to sound like especially with off-roads?!?! anyways thanks jon

Since you're already going with a bassani X why not just finish it up with a bassani cat-back??
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was thinking going all bassani but the slp mufflers sounded good and i just wanted a different set-up. thanks to all who posted so far!!! jon
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say go for the SLP loudmouth tryin something new if u dont like it sell it and im sure u will only lose a couple bucks

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just sold my bassani x-pipe with cats to buy n Catback SLP loud mouth system...im still waiting for it, but im almost sure that it will sound tight...oh yea im runnin my stock H now, just cuz the damn MIL wouldnt turn my check engine light off and my cars at the dealer and least once a month...
Posts: 218 | From: FF-707/EDH-916 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03GT281  Ford pictures for 03GT281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just sold my bassani x-pipe with cats to buy n Catback SLP loud mouth system...im still waiting for it, but im almost sure that it will sound tight...oh yea im runnin my stock H now, just cuz the damn MIL wouldnt turn my check engine light off and my cars at the dealer and least once a month...
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really like the way Spintechs sound on the 99+ motors.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ghostrida you can hear the slp exuast at www.lnperformance.com
chosen1 i have the spintech sportsman catback in my garage and been thinking about putting them on, and if i dont like it i'll go with the slp!!!

03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

thanks but that site isnt coming up on my computer
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCAL281  Ford pictures for NORCAL281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my bad www.lmperformance.com
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

thanks its loud but its only from inside the car so i think it will be tight from the outside...
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

so how much did that slp catback cost you and where did you get it?!? let me know... i got the flowmaster two chambers on my ride right now and like it and thinking about putting on the spintech to hear how i like it, but ever since i heard those slp catback i've been thinkin... anyways let me know the price. jon
03GT281
¯
Member # 2944

it cost me $350 plus shipping.....order it from www.slponline.com or www.lmpperformance.com it comes in next week and ill have it on ill let you know how it sounds. IT will sound better with and X im not runnin one
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother has the SLP loudmouth on his 00 Z28, without cats that resinator BS sounds like a kid stuck a baseball card in the spokes of his bike. It was too loud for my brother so he put high flow cats back on and now it sounds decent. Pretty sure you'll get the same result from a stang since it is the same muffler so letting you know my experience with those things. I think you should get dynomax race bullets [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
ONEQKFIVE0
¯
Member # 1591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ONEQKFIVE0  Ford pictures for ONEQKFIVE0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's good for 347 or superchager

--------------------
03 cobra -UPR 2.80 upper pulley
-UPR idler pulley kit
-Accufab throttle body
-Diablo Sport Predator

-13 lbs. boost
-463.94 rwt / 452.18 rwhp

Posts: 235 | From: ........california ........ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just received my xpipe and catback from SLP...the quality is top notch...can't wait to install them..the chrome tips are really nice too

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

a whats up man!!! this is jon that sold you that s351 wing... did you put it on yet? anyways let me know how that exuast sounds, also did you get catted or off-road x-pipes? later...
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NORCAL281:
a whats up man!!! this is jon that sold you that s351 wing... did you put it on yet? anyways let me know how that exuast sounds, also did you get catted or off-road x-pipes? later...

sup man ?..didn't get a chance to put the wing yet...been lazy..lol...anyways I got the catted x-pipe and the loudmouth catback...what is cool with the xpipe is that u can go from catted to O/R by switching the cats for what they called "race pipe"...also it's in 3 parts so this xpipe can also works with LT or shorties..so no need for u to buy another midpipe whenever u change conf..I bought the set of imboc.com..there was a group buy 1 month ago..like $730 shipped for everything...

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
NORCAL281
¯
Member # 3754

right on man!!! let me know how you like it... later jon

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com